Puffin Browser Pro will retire in 2022. Here is its retirement plan. The price count down is $1 per quarter starting on 2022-01-01. The app is retired when the price drops to $0 on 2023-01-01. Here are the price count down dates.
$5 on 2021-10-01 (the price before the count down).
$4 on 2022-01-01 ($1 off per quarter).
$3 on 2022-04-01 ($1 off per quarter).
$2 on 2022-07-01 ($1 off per quarter).
$1 on 2022-10-01 ($1 off per quarter).
$0 on 2023-01-01 (end of life when counting down to $0).
Puffin Browser Pro is replaced by Puffin Web Browser (free to download but requires paid subscription at $1/month). New releases of Puffin Browser Pro will be available throughout 2022 to ensure the app’s quality.
Puffin Browser Pro is the premium version of the Puffin Web Browser. Once users switch to Puffin, they won’t want to go back to other browsers. With increasing digital threats online, Puffin protects against phishing and more.
🚀 Wicked Fast: With our cloud servers handling even the most resource-demanding web pages effortlessly, websites can load at incredible speeds.
🔒 Cloud Protection: All Internet traffic from the app to our servers is end-to-end encrypted, making it safe to use public, non-secure WiFi.
🎥 Flash Support: We constantly provide improvements to our servers and the ability to view Flash content through the cloud.
💰 Data Saving: Puffin uses a proprietary compression algorithm to transmit web data to your device and can save up to 90% of your capacity on regular web browsing. (Please note that streaming Flash content or videos requires more bandwidth than the normal usage.)
• Unparalleled loading speeds
• Ad Blocker Included
• Mobile & Desktop modes for whole web experience
• Download to cloud capabilities (up to 1GB in size per file)
• Theater mode for Flash videos and games
• Virtual Trackpad & Gamepad
• Adobe Flash Support
• Puffin’s servers are located in the US and Singapore. Geolocation restrictions of the content may occur if you are based in other countries.
• Puffin is blocked in certain regions (e.g., China, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates) and some educational institutions (e.g., select schools within the United States).
For more information, please visit https://support.puffin.com/.