WhatsApp launched a new feature called ‘Read Receipt’ that allows users to see if the receiver has read a message they have sent. This feature was implemented by showing double blue ticks in the bottom-right corner of the WhatsApp message bubble. When the recipient has read your message, the double grey ticks will turn into double blue ticks.
With the blue tick marks, it’s now easier to keep track of a conversation on WhatsApp. However, some users who love privacy found it annoying with the update. If you don’t like the ‘read receipt’ feature, you can easily disable the blue ticks on WhatsApp. Please note that once you disable this feature, you won’t be able to see the double blue check marks when you send a message.
Here’s how you can disable WhatsApp blue ticks on your Android device.
- Launch WhatsApp
- Go To Settings -> Account -> Privacy
- Untick the ‘Read Receipts’ option
- Done! Even if you have read the WhatsApp message, the sender will not receive a blue tick mark.
This feature, however, doesn’t work in group conversations, so the sender will still be able to see the blue ticks whenever all the members of the group read their message.
Try to Answer Following Question’s on upper given Article.
- How to turn on blue tick in WhatsApp android
- What is read receipts in WhatsApp
- What happens if you turn off read receipts on WhatsApp